I am still on the whole squash addiction and loving it.
Yesterday, I made Garlic Butternut Squash Hummus. This recipe is cheap, tasty and deceptively domestic.
Garlic Butternut Squash Hummus
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 2 cups Butternut Squash (cubed)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tbs fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Peel and dice squash into 1/4 inch cubes. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Add parsley, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and place in food processor.
Drain water from chickpeas and add to food processor.
- Blend for 3-5 minutes or until thoroughly mixed.
- Put in serving dish and garnish with more parsley.