Happy Monday World!
Sorry for the lack of personalized Monday posts – – I’ve been über busy!
- We photographed a wedding in Iceland. G+J were the sweetest couple ever and their family and friends were SO appreciative and inviting. It was a wonderful experience!! That was our THIRD time in Iceland and we have plans in the works to go back again in a few months!
- I am currently in the process of prepping TWO photoshoots for TWO different wedding magazines
- I got contacted by an author from Savannah, Georgia requesting to use one of my images for her book cover!!! How COOL is that?!?! Her book has a release date for mid September or early October. I will keep you posted!
- We’ve been slowly but surely working out again more regularly (my broken toe is finally starting to heal)
- I’ve been photographing lots of families + engagement sessions
- I’ve been playing Ice Hockey every Sunday evening for the past 5 weeks in a summer hockey league. Next week is changes to Tuesday nights and I am really looking forward to having Sunday evening off so we I can rest after photographing a wedding. Wedding season is in crazy full swing!!
- My mom came into town and is visiting me for an entire week! My mom and dad moved to VA a few years ago and I struggle not being close to them. Luckily it worked with my mom’s schedule to take some time away and come to WI to see Caleb, Kenzo, and I.
- We went to the Milwaukee Air Show and saw the Blue Angels. It brought back amazing memories from my childhood. I grew up in Annapolis Maryland and the Blue Angels used to practice over our home.
- Caleb and I have been working on some landscaping projects in between sessions and weddings. I will post pictures soon, I promise!
- Caleb and his dad put up a fence in our backyard – – Kenzo is sooooo happy to have so much room to roam unsupervised. I was in charge of planting grass where the ground was dug up; my green thumb is working wonders on those patches!!
- My photos were featured for the THIRD time on Martha Stewart Weddings!
And now for the protein-packed yumminess!
Today I am sharing a recipe from one of our winter brides, Monique. She is the lovely and insanely talented gal behind Ambitious Kitchen. Last week, Monique shared a Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread recipe on her instagram and I knew I just HAD to try it. I baked it on Friday evening so that we could bring a few slices along for a mid-day snack during Saturday’s wedding. It turned out amazing!!
Here is Monique’s Recipe. . .
🔹3 extra ripe bananas, mashed
🔹 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or almond/cashew butter)
🔹1 cup plain Greek yogurt
🔹1 teaspoon vanilla extract
🔹1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
🔹 1/2 cup quick oats
🔹 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
🔹1 teaspoon cinnamon
🔹 1 teaspoon baking soda
🔹1/4 teaspoon salt
🔹 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Mix together wet ingredients. Fold in dry ingredients and chocolate chips until just combined. Place batter in 9×5 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes. Enjoy!! ** PS: There are around 8g protein per slice (based on 12 slices) *** PPS: I used dark chocolate chips.