Congrats! Your little one is on the way! Have you scheduled your newborn session yet? Whether you have a session scheduled with another photographer or with me, I hope these tips help you pick out the best outfits for your family’s newborn photos.
It can be overwhelming for a new mom to decide what to wear for their upcoming newborn photography session. However, the experience will be all the more enjoyable if you plan ahead, so here are 6 tips that’ll help make your newborn session stress free!
Tips: What to Wear As A New Mom for Newborn Photography Session
- To start off, choose comfortable yet stylish clothing like a breezy dress or leggings pants paired with a cozy sweater. Remember – simplicity is best!
- Try to choose colors and tones that complement each other. Opt for natural and neutral tones like white, cream, and light gray; these colors will not only flatter but also help keep the focus on your newborn’s cuteness!
- When figuring out what to wear for the newborn session, try finding something that flatters your new figure and that you feel confident and comfortable in. Choosing an outfit that you can move freely in and not have to constantly adjust or pull into place is best.
- Pick something timeless so you can look back on these photos fondly in years to come. The goal is to look timeless and stylish without detracting from your new bundle of joy.
- Try to coordinate with your partner since they’ll appear alongside you but make sure neither of you is too matchy-matchy.
- Complete the look with minimal accessories such as simple earrings and necklaces. Whatever you choose, make sure it reflects who you are as a family – this newborn session should feel truly special!
Outfit Ideas: What to Wear As A New Mom at Newborn Photography Session
For any new mom out there, having her newborn photographed is an exciting experience, and you’ll want to ensure that you look and feel your best for the session. Here are some of my favorite outfits my clients have worn for their newborn sessions.
My favorite postpartum look for newborn photos is a cozy sweater paired with leggings or stretchy skinny jeans, or a long flowy dress.
The main things to remember when selecting your outfit are comfort and thoughtfully chosen colors and styles.
It’s in the name. In a super soft, super fine ribbed fabric that’s crazy comfy with a nursing-friendly snap front placket and romantic empire waist, this maternity dress channels the ‘90s in the very best way.
SHOP THESE OUTFIT IDEAS
1) Square Neck Shirred Ruffle Hem Dress | 2) Jennifer Deep V Maxi Dress | 3) Olivia Maxi Dress | 4) Athena Pleated Maxi Dress | 5) Oversized Chunky Knitted Pullover Sweater | 6) Sitting Pretty Dress in Natural |7) Women’s High Waisted Leggings | 8) Casual Long Sleeve Sweater |9) Square Neck Puff Sleeve High Waist Dress | 10) The Softest Rib Nursing Dress