I am so excited because in just a few short days we are going to be getting picked up and taken to Chicago, enjoying a glass of wine in the terminal and perhaps a soft-pretzel, and then boarding our plane to Reykjavik! We have an hour layover before out next flight to Glasgow where we will be wandering, hiking, and documenting everything in Scotland. After a few days of that prettiness, we will fly back to Reykjavik where we have a Jeep rental set up and we plan to drive the entire Northern coast.
I love to travel. I love traveling without a real plan. I love renting a car, driving aimlessly, and having the freedom to pull over, get out and wander.
For today’s On My Mind Monday post I decided to write out where I want go, places I have been, and places we have plans set in stone to visit in the next several months . . .
Places I want to go . . .
- Coal Mine Canyon
- Antelope Canyon
- Banff National Park
- Galapogos Islands
- Zion National Park
- Paris, France
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Yosemite Falls
- Faroe Islands
- New Zealand
- Portland, Oregon
- Dallas, Texas
- Joshua Tree
Places I have been . . .
- Iceland (southern part of the country)
- New York City (3 times)
- Washington DC (I used to live and work there)
- Seattle, Washington
- Denver + Vail, Colorado (multiple times)
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Mexico (both coasts, multiple times for weddings and vacation)
- Orlando + Jacksonville, Florida
- San Diego, California
- Pennsylvania – I love Pittsburgh (I have family that lives there and in SE PA and in 5th grade we took a field trip to Philadelphia)
- Germany (foreign exchange student in high school)
- West Virginia (We were married in Black Water Falls State Park in Davis, WV) Thank you Mannfrau for our wedding video: http://mannfrau.us/video/the-essence-of-ren-caleb
- Maryland (I used to live there)
- The Upper Peninsula
Places we have already initiated plans to go . . .
- Scotland – April 2017 – we leave in 3 days!!!
- Iceland – April 2017 – we will be there in 6 days! We are exploring the northern portion of the country!!
- Minneapolis – May 2017 – we will be visiting my niece for her 1st birthday party!!
- Iceland – July 2017 – we are photographing a wedding there!!
- Napa, California – we are photographing a wedding there in 2018!!