I must apologize because I was unable to post an OMMM post last week, but not because I was lazy – – but because we have just been go-go-go non-stop! Caleb and I woke up this morning and realized we’ve had weddings, consults, and sessions non-stop since early May.
So, with that said, today I am going to share what I have been up to lately . . .
- We drove 544 miles in the last two weeks.
- We ate our first real sit-down meal since last Thursday, on Sunday at 5pm, and mistakenly called it “lunch”.
- On Sunday evening after working all day in Chicago, we “watched” the final hockey game ((Go Pens!!)) while I culled three sessions and two weddings. We also “watched” an episode of House of Cards while I edited preview images from Saturday’s wedding unit around 1am.
- Wedding season is in full swing! Congrats to newly weds Toni + Paul ~ South Shore Pavilion, Kaylee + Josh ~ The Landing 1841, and Annie + Jim ~ Urban Ecology Center!! And, Nicole + Chad are celebrating their 5 year anniversary and celebrated with a session at Villa Terrace!
- Engagement session season is in full swing! Congrats to Shannon + Nolan, Meg + James, and Katie + Riker!
- Family, Newborn, Maternity, and Kiddo sessions are in full swing! Lincoln is 6 months! Niketa’s twins are 10 months! Frankie is 8 months and looking more like her mamma every single day! Chelsea + Billy welcomed a new puppy into their family and revealed they are expecting! My niece turned 1 and had a beautiful Unicorn themed party! Maya + Christian are expecting their little boy in just a few weeks! And, Caleb and I went to Chicago on Sunday morning to photograph baby Charlie’s baptism on the beach!
- 2018 Brides are Booking Early! We have been having so many consults for weddings! So happy to announce that all of our weekends are almost full for 2018!
- Calligraphy Projects! I was commissioned to do the calligraphy for The National Cafe menu for their station at the South Shore Farmer’s Market – its starts this Saturday!
- Today, Girls Gone Transparent hosted its first Shoot-Along at the Villa Terrace and it was a HUGE success! Co-founder/Bestie Autumn and I faced our fear of speaking in front of others and taught attendees about posing, shooting narratively, and how to get your work published. With the help of Ashley from Midwestern Bride, we hosted a beautiful mock elopement with a fully curated and styled ceremony, tablescape, and dessert station. Our model couple Ashley + Grant were amazing and I am always so happy when I have the opportunity to photograph them! Special thanks to: @midwesternbride @woodvioletmke @villaterracemuseum @monirose @yieldbakehouse @hairbysmash @kelly.schubel_mua @autumnsilvaphotography @rennen29 @monirose @vwuollett @canopies_events @gold.mold @girlsgonetransparent @ghowephoto for making this experience amazing for both us and the students!
I am so thankful that I have so many amazing clients inviting me to document so many milestones in their lives! I am so thankful for my friendships with Autumn + Ashley that enable us to collaborate on amazing projects together! And I am so thankful to the solid community of creatives we are building here in Milwaukee! And while it’s quite obvious we haven’t totally mastered this life-work-balance thing yet, but despite being a little tired ((and slightly stressed)) we are happy. I am proud of all of our hard work and so happy we get to experience so much alongside each other! We work as a team to make others happy and in doing so, we are happy. Thank you Caleb for being by my side for this crazy entrepreneurship ride! We are forever growing & evolving! We can’t stop, won’t stop!
Have a fantastic week!
A few snaps from the Girls Gone Transparent Shoot-Along at Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.