Seattle // Days 1 & 2


Here are just a few snaps from my trip so far. I will be posting a few from the rest of the week in a few days & I will post tons more when I return to Milwaukee.


Landed Sunday afternoon.
Monday morning I had my heart set on visiting Pike Place Market & the original Starbucks. We woke up early and jumped in the car. I started snapping photos right away. We got into town and found a parking slot directly in front of the fish market …. and I turned around and the original Starbucks was right in front of me. I couldn’t have been happier. It was pretty chilly so I ordered my usual NF Carmel Macchiato, but this time, hot. We wandered around the market and took more than enough photos of the gum wall and all of the unique shops within the market.
The Space Needle was great – – 40 second elevator ride up and some glorious views from the top. Definitely use the self-serve kisosk when you purchase your ticket … no waiting in line!
I got some great afternoon photos of the Seattle skyline near Alki beach. After walking along the beach we drove to Jared’s childhood neighborhood and went through a drive-thru Starbucks – – NF Carmel Macchiato.
We headed back towards Pike Place and enjoyed lunch at Boka. Boka is located at the bottom of Hotel 1000 and is a sleek, contemporary restaurant infused with a menu of urban American food, handcrafted cocktails, and a wine list reflecting a heavy Northwest influence. The atmosphere was incredible and the food was phenomenal. I had a Salmon Burger w/ pickled onions & a Sunday Afternoon cocktail.
After lunch we wandered down to the docks and took some photos of the Great Wheel. Then we headed back to our hotel in Bothell and took a swim and sat in the hot tub in the courtyard of our hotel.
In the evening we went back into Seattle and got ice cream at Molly Moon’s. The waffle cones were phenomenal – – my molly moon hoodie smells like fresh waffle cones.
We went back to Alki Beach and got some great nighttime shots of the Seattle Skyline before calling it a day.
Tuesday morning we enjoyed breakfast at the hotel – – waffles & breakfast burritos.
The weather called for storms all day but clouds were just hovering; so we stopped at Starbucks – – NF Iced Carmel Macchiato and then we headed into the city to find Kurt Kobain’s house.
After some walking, driving, and more walking we found his house! I was ecstatic.
We grabbed lunch at Smokey’s. We ordered our food and took it to go so that we could enjoy our lunch by the water at Seahurst park. He had a bacon burger and I had fish & chips.  I had fun feeding my fries to all of the harassing Seagulls.
We walked along the beach for awhile and Jared found a sand dollar and some unique shells. Before heading back to our hotel we went to the Ballard docks. There were so many huge shipping boats and house boats. We found a family of ducklings and I gave them a free family session … daddy duck wasn’t too fond of how close I was getting to his kiddos.
The rain started just as we headed back to Bothell.
Tonight’s agenda consists of teriyaki food & a cocktail. Tomorrow we head to Leavenworth to explore the mountains & Bavarian village.

Share this post

comments +

Leave a Reply

follow us On instagram:



follow our studio space: