5 Reasons to Have a Destination Wedding
Wedding planning is one of the most exciting times for couples! There are so many details to plan and execute, and countless options out there. Sometimes the endless choices make it hard to decide what you truly envision and want for your big day, until suddenly you’re knee deep in catering menus, logging countless hours on Pinterest, and wondering if you’ll turn into Bridezilla after yet another night of no sleep. The extreme exhaustion that comes with planning a wedding locally is just one of the reasons many couples opt to have a destination wedding.
Check out this short list of reasons why a destination wedding may be right for you!
1. Planning isn’t your thing: Depending on where you go, many places that are known for destination weddings specialize in just that. They’ll work out all the little details- all you have to do is pay the tab and show up! “I DO!”
2. You would like an intimate wedding: Weddings are a joyous time, but not everyone wants to invite half their neighborhood, every former coworker, and Great Aunt Betty and all her distant cousins. Guest lists are stressful, and a destination wedding can take away that hassle. Your closest loved ones will travel the world over to share in your special day! Why not France?! Bonjour!
3. You’re budget conscious: Budget conscious?! Traveling?! Sounds like an oxymoron. You would actually be surprised how much you can save by turning your wedding date into a getaway. For one, Aunt Betty and all her distant cousins can now be scratched off the guest list. A smaller guest list in turn equals a smaller dent in the overall bill. Two, you can combine your destination wedding and honeymoon all in one. Three, you can book photographers, like Caleb and I, who loves to travel and NOW we willingly will cover our own travel expenses – YOU just pay for the photos (hint hint)! Talk about more bang for your buck! Studio 29 Loves to Travel! We will travel for you! PS: Did you know that Caleb and I were chosen by Destination Weddings & Honeymoons Magazine as 1 of 10 Globetrotter Photographers worldwide!!! See all of our other features + publications HERE.
4. You want to elope: Some couples choose to forego the guest list altogether and have an intimate ceremony with just the two of them. This takes even more off your to-do list as you no longer have to worry about invitations, favors, or travel accommodations for your guests. You can always have a reception when you land back at home- if you’re really insistent on having that list.
5. You’re set on a particular date/season/scenery: Maybe you find your hometown a little mundane for your wedding celebration. Destination options are endless and there’s something in store for everyone! A summertime wedding on a beach in Mexico is fantastic, but don’t limit yourself! A winter wedding in Alaska is equally as stunning, along with a fall wedding at Zion National Park in Utah where the foliage is divine!
There are many reasons couples choose to forego a traditional hometown wedding for a destination location, and if you fit any on this list it may be something for you to consider! Last August, my husband, Caleb, and I went to Iceland for our honeymoon, and again this May for a spring vacation before wedding season began! AND, in just 9 days, we will be heading back to Iceland to photograph a wedding. Sometimes you head to a destination, and it becomes a sort of second home! Don’t limit your venues within a 30 mile radius of home if it’s not what your heart is set on. Don’t be afraid to venture out and hop on a plane to celebrate your big day. We’ll meet ya there!
Planning YOUR wedding? You may like: Reasons Not Skimp on Your Wedding Photography