There’s nothing quite like the first few days with a new baby in the house. It’s such an incredible time, and I want to help you capture those moments! Hey there, my name is Ren, and I’m a professional photographer based out of Milwaukee specializing in calm and candid newborn photography sessions at home!
Here are some tips on what you can do before and during your in-home newborn photography session to make it go smoothly!
1. Declutter the areas of your home where you’d like to take photos. It’s okay if you throw everything in a closet or a spare room or even in the corner! Don’t worry – I will not judge. You have more important things to do than deep clean your home the morning of the session.
2. Prepare your outfits in advance (if possible, have a backup outfit in case of a blowout or a baby spit-up)
3. Do not be afraid to take breaks to feed or soothe your baby. A well-fed baby is a happy baby!
4. Have pets? Let’s safely incorporate them! I am very patient when it comes to including animals in the photos. I LOVE capturing your ENTIRE family!
5. Pick a time and day that not only “works” for your baby but also you! If you are not a morning person, let’s not do it in the morning. You and your partner need to feel as photo-ready as possible to feel comfortable in the camera. If you need to reschedule – that is OK too! This is SUCH an exciting time in your life, and I want to capture all of that…so take care of yourself as well as your new bundle of joy.
6. Truth: Your baby will probably cry at our session. It’s OK, and it is completely NORMAL! Try not to stress out – it will all be OKAY. Patience and a noise machine are your best friends.